We all love to walk out of a salon with a brand new set of professional eyelash extensions, don’t we. I don’t know about you, but getting a great new set of lashes makes me feel so glamorous and beautiful, even if I’m not wearing any makeup and I’ve not done my hair! There’s just that certain je ne sais quoi about a good set of lashes – that’s why I’m in this business!
Of course, once you’ve got your gorgeous new lashes, you want them to last as long as possible – and to look this good for as long as possible too!
Here are my top five tips for extending the life of your extensions:
1. Once the treatment has been completed, avoid getting water anywhere near them for at least two hours. This will allow the adhesive to really bond to your lashes without interference. If any moisture gets in there, it can stop the glue from bonding properly and mean that more moisture will be able to get in over the course of the next few weeks
2. If you use mascara on your extensions, ensure it is water-based. An oil based mascara can degrade the glue on your lashes and cause them to fall off quite quickly.
3. Be super careful when removing your eye make up! Use a water based remover (anything oil based will have the same effect as oil-based mascara), and don’t rub or pick at them. Use plenty of remover and gently sweep it across the eye. If you’ve used water based mascara it should come off easily enough – but be patient! Never scrub!
4. Use AH Francis Eyelash Extension Lashcare Sealer every two or three days. This will protect individual lashes from both oil and moisture, both of which can damage the glue bond. The most important thing is to protect that glue bond from the normal day to day battering it will be getting from washing your face and wearing and removing makeup.
5. Before leaving after your treatment, book in for a two-week infill. It can be easy to lose track of time and forget to have these, but doing having an infill religiously, every two weeks, really can help your lashes to look great and last longer.
Follow this advice, and you will be fluttering those lashes for much longer than the usual four weeks!
If you’ve any questions or comments, we’d love to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to contact us on 01722 329829 and have a chat!