How to get the best out of you expert lash extension training
Well I think it could be true to say that ‘expert technician’ means someone who has put alot of effort into be great at what they do. Doing your eyelash exension training course is really just the beginning. You’ll have the theory fresh in your mind of how it should be done, but you, as yet will not have developed the skills.
Coming away fresh from your training course and getting stuck in straight away gives you the opportunity to maximise everything you learnt on the training day. If you leave it for weeks before you start doing the treatments, chances are, you will have forgotten all those little details that give you the edge.
Get models in straight away after your lash training
My advice to anyone just starting out would be to set up your models before you come on the training course so that on the very next day you start working. Make sure you take notes during the training and write them up in easy to read bullet points. Keep them on your trolley so that you can refer to them and get these points well established as you go.
Always take before and after photographs so you can see just how much your lash extensions have improved. We ask you to do 3 case studies so that we can check your work before issuing a diploma. If we feel you’ve not quite reached the standard, we work with you and support you as much as we can so that your technique impoves.
The important thing for us is that you are good at your lash treatments and become an expert lash techician.
We understand that when doing any kind of training, there is an investment in your time, energy and of course money and we fully respect that.
Here are a few tips on getting really good at your job:
- Set up models straight away after the course, DON’T wait!
- Make sure you’re not tired when you come to the training so you can give it your fullest attention
- Take notes and write them up in easy bullet points for your trolley
- Always ask for feedback, you might not want to hear it, but it is the only way you learn
- Don’t rush to do paying clients until you have done at least 20 models, you don’t ever want your paying clients to be disappointed – you need the practise first!
- Take advantage of the experts in the AHFrancis office who are always happy to answer your questions – if in doubt always ask
- Once you’ve completed the foundation training, make sure you don’t stop there. Get all the tools you can in your tool kit so you can offer the many different types of lash treatments that are available these days.
Training with Karen from AHFrancis was a great experience, even before meeting and just conversations on the phone and email no query was to great or small. The training itself was very knowledgeably in a warm friendly and no pressure environment. I started my day very nervous and left feeling confident very excited to start my journey with a new treatment. I can highly recommend Karen and AHFrancis training as they truly are a company that care and are passionate about their products and helping new talent, sharing their knowledge and passion to others. A great company and glad I too am now apart of AHFrancis. Dawn Dewar, Bury St Edmunds