I know it might not feel like it, what with all this blummin rain, but spring is on its way ladies!
It’s time to put your best foot forward. No more shoulda woulda coulda! Get on with just doing it!
I’ve a great idea to help you make a positive change in your life: make a list of ten new daily habits that will take you to a new you! Shake off that Winter lethargy and decide on some things that will help to improve your general health and wellbeing, grow as a person and maybe make more money.
I’m not talking ground-breaking, life-altering changes here; just little things you can do to get you moving in the right direction.
Here’s an example:
- Meditate daily – the benefits of meditation are almost endless. I meditate every day, and it’s the one thing I won’t do without now.
- Have a green juice every day – packed with vitamins, iron and antioxidants, and a fantastic way to sneak in your five a day!
- Have fresh flowers in the salon weekly – no droopy dead flowers – or worse, fake, faded flowers with a month’s worth of dust on them!
- Floss your teeth! – simple but useful! Recent studies suggest that flossing can actually lower your risk of heart disease – pooh, and consider whitening, it brightens the face too!
- Check Facebook daily – but limit the time to ten minutes per day. It’s so easy to just get sucked in and lose an hour or two trawling through photos of people’s dinner and endless moaning! My motto is: get in, get out. Check your salon’s Facebook page, respond to any messages and LOG OUT!!
- Tell someone you love them. This one sounds so easy and simple, but it can make a massive difference to both your days!
- Register on a personal development weekend. It could be anything that appeals to you and will help you to move further in whichever direction you want to head in.
- Get some business coaching. You might think it’s a bit airy fairy, maybe a waste of money – but getting advice from someone who’s had years of experience and helped hundreds of other people to reach their goals can be invaluable. Many will offer a free first session or similar so that you can test the water first before you decide to jump on in. Give it a try!
- Be nicer to my clients – this one’s easy, isn’t it? What do you mean, nobody wants to be nice at 5pm when they’ve been on their feet since 9am and this blummin woman won’t make up her mind what she wants and you just want to go home and put your feet up… Take a deep breath, paste on that smile, and give her the best treatment of her life! You’ll feel better for it, and so will she!
- Switch off all technology by 8:30pm every day. This is one of those things we all think we should probably do, but we never actually get around to doing it. Add it to that list!
The idea is to make a list of the things you know you should be doing, and then remove the should!
I’d love to hear what you put on your list – and how you get on with implementing them!